Base figure was a wrestling figure name unknown changed the head from another unknown wrestling figure and yet again the lower legs from another wrestling figure name also unknown, the hair and beard was done up with some material I found at a yard sale. I modified the original feet, using a small eyeglass screw to add strength to the toes since the epoxy material would be thin. Considering there where 4 shades of body parts, I repainted the body and added a small amount of shading using wash techniques, (got lucky on that one first time using the technique) it took me a couple of frustrating times to find the right shade for this figure a mixture of flat flesh dark brown and khaki.
The accessories are of course are all removable (still working on his sword and cape), these were the hardest to make. The head piece alone took me close to 12 hours. I had purchased a Spartan helmet from broken arrow, but the item was way to small for any figures head. So I decided to make my own, I started with a G.I. Joe helmet and spliced two other helmets to get a skeleton shape, I then added epoxy material and carved my way to the finished product.
The shield was made using the same techniques as the helmet, I used the base of a chap-mei mortar for stability, added epoxy and carved away. The spear, well there is no substitute for the real thing, I whittled the spear from a piece of wood and then added epoxy to the tips to form the spear tip detail. The leg shields were done carefully they are pretty thin and have no supporting structures like the helmet or shield, also made from epoxy materiel.