So I've done this a couple times before but this time with some new knowledge at hand I went back for a 3rd try.
This is the same figure you'll see every time but this time with a black wash and detailed seams. I had done the seams before but this new black wash technique has really got me going lately.
This mesh pattern of his costume is totally boosted with the black wash (painted on liberally and then wiped off immediately. All other lines are detailed with fine point sharpie.
Then on to the cape. I popped the head of and to my surprise there was this big ugly chunk of rubber on the inside joint of the head... has this happened to everybody else? I lopped it off as well as some more mass from under the head and that helped bring the neck a little more articulation. Then I sliced the cape off from around the cowl base. I carefully trimmed and then got my knife up under that cowl and popped it loose from the body.
I was encouraged to make much larger capes by a couple buyers from ebay for my Batman Begins and Dark Knight figures so I figured I'd stop over in Arkham City while I still had a few of these guys left.
The cape is HUGE. it's full length plus a couple inches. you can see the shape the cape takes flat. i fold it in half and make my circular cuts for the scallops then I simply go back and make a tiny incision for the neck post. once in place I drop some hot glue on top and pop the cowl base back on. the rubber sticks to the glue and then the neck, not the cape.. for the most part. Then I pop the head back on and our Dark Knight is ready for business.