Another customizer whose figure I really liked was ACCustomFigure and their Red Robin. I had tried to use the DK figure as a base some time ago with limited results. Tonight I thought I'd try again:
- used metallic red and gold for the respective areas
- the wings come from a Radaki Harrier figure painted a brighter shade of red. For now I attached the wings to the back with poster putty. I might try magnets later this week.
- I tried using the harness I had made from old utility belts for my previous RR figure but they were too big. I spotted a roll of decorative brick pattern that I found not long ago among Xmas decorations at a dept store. It's used to create brick walkways for those little Xmas towns but I had bought a few rolls with which to make brick walls and backdrops. I got the idea of cutting a thin strip of this and painting it gold for Tim's harness and lo and behold, it worked perfectly!
- the head is from a DCUC Tim Drake Robin figure
- the emblem is glued on from a DCUC RR figure
- the staff is also from the DCUC RR figure
I may go back and try and smooth out the paint some but on the whole I think it's an improvement over my last RR figure. He's taller than Damien Wayne and shorter than Jason Todd and fits in well with the other armored figures in the Batman Family.