I always wanted to make a 12" version of Batman so after getting all the items together I got to work. I also wanted to make a gritter looking Batman with more of a darker grey outfit but without going black.
Batman - The body is a ACI Andrew body and I think is great fro a muscle Bats but without being to oversized. The head is from Yourownhead, the outfit is a Sideshow Sandtrooper jumpsuit which was given washes of light greys to darker greys to get the look you see and the shorts/underpants were painted on using material paint.
The cape was cut out from fabric I got from the local sewing shop, the boots are from Sideshows Germen diguise Indy which have had the tops of them cut to give a little more of a point at the front. The gloves are from Sideshows Toht figure and the gaunlets I picked up of ebay, the pointy parts on the gauntlets were cut out from plasti card.
The belt was cut out from left over leather and the buckle and the silver pellets between the paouches are from some left over Star Wras Hasbro parts. The pouches are WW2 German pouches from Dragon and have had the pull downs cut off. The chest emblem and the neck and shoulder sections were cut out from letaher pieces.
Base - The base is marine foam, once I got the size I wanted I started marking out the bricks with a pencil and ruler. The brick size is 12mm high x 30mm long, once the bricks were marked out I then used flat head tweezers and scribed along the pencil lines. Once the bricks were all scribed I then used a broken piece of old brick that I got from a work site near my work and very softly pushed that into the bricks.
Next I did the alley way floor and same as the bricks just marked where I wanted the cement slabs to go with a pencil and ruler and then used the flat head tweezers again to scribe over the pencil marks. I also added cracks and chipped areas using the pencil and then using a model knife to make the chips a little more rugged.
The steps leading up to the back door is just some left over foam cut to size and glued inplace. Once the step had dried I used a small broken piece of cement which I also picked up from the same work site as the brick and with that again softly pushed that into the floor and step
The door is made from some left over foam core which has had a small section cut out which is the small sliding security window, the frame work around the door is thin plasticard cut to size and glued inplace. Once I cut out the security window section I then used thin plasticard to cover the edges so it won't look like foam but a steel door.
The pallet is just some left over balsa wood and is 5" x 5" square and the I used pin heads to simulate nails. The escape ladder and drain pipe are made from plasticard.
The rubbish bags behind the pallet are made from light grey plastic bags and I gut different size sqaures and then used tissue paper and wrapped them up and used thin metal to tie the end off.
I then used black paint to paint the bags. The larger bag I made a slit into it and pulled out some tisse and used a mix of greens, yellows and browns to give it that rotten garbage look, the left over pieces of grey plastic bags I just stuck down to the base.
The money was printed off the internet and cut out and laid out over the base, the newspaper I made using Paint Shop Pro 6. The pieces of rubbish/paper is left over tissue from the rubbish bags. The broken glass is from an old clear hard plastic lid I had in the bits box, I broke it up using a pair of pliers and scattered it over the ground.
The blood is a mix of Red Gore, Blood Red and Matt black and then I painted over pieces of glas and I made a trail to show that someone has been severely injured. The bottle is from Side shows Belloq figure, the green rotten water in the left back corner was done by mixing Dark Green, German Field Grey and Woodglue and then adding it to the base.