So maybe my constant griping about Tim Drake's overly done, 1990s style costume is paying off cause it seems that the new artist on Teen Titans is trying his hand at simplifying Red Robin and I think it's a big improvement. It looks like a cross between the Red Robin costume Tim has been using and the Young Justice design for the Robin (Drake) figure. So naturally I had to try and make him for my Batman Family collection:
- dug up my Young Justice Red Arrow figure. His body is leaner than the Dark Knight figure I used for the last RR I tried and looks more like a teenager.
- used metallic red, metallic black, and gold for the respective areas - for the harness and arm belts I used some cut strips from those Christmas Town Brick Paths. I got the idea of cutting thin strips of this and painting them gold. Lo and behold, they worked perfectly!
- the wings come from a Radaki Harrier figure painted a brighter shade of red. For now I attached the wings to the back with poster putty.
- the head is from a DCUC Tim Drake Robin figure
- the emblem is glued on from a DCUC RR figure
- the staff is also from the DCUC RR figure