Here's one I started a couple of months ago but put on hold when I started working on the car and firehouse. It's Samhain!
The recipe is simple, nothing special or new. I repainted that Harry Potter monster that everyone uses, but I added a high collar and sculpted around the neck region to blend it. The head is taken from that Samhain dolly that Mattel made, repainted and made to fit the body.
As for the paint scheme, I know he isn't purple. I always interpreted his cloak to be brown in the cartoon, and felt it looked purple due to lighting or animation effects. It eventually became purple, but I always preferred the brown.
With this one, I tried to give him a realistic look, as if he appeared in the films. The pumpkin was painted more realistically. The browns on the robe are intended to look like dead leaves, as if he were covered in dead organic material. I painted his hands and neck to appear to be made of twisting wood/root, which a pumpkin grows from.
The pictures look a bit blurry. I don't have my normal photography equip set up at the moment, so I just phone snapped him on top of the fridge...