This figure and dio is for a comp over at imperialshipyards and is for their upcoming birthday and you have to have a minimum of four figures and this is 3 of 5 that I am doing.
It took me a while to decide what I was going to make and I finally decided to make some figures and vehicles from the old 70's Adventure Team GI Joes I use to play with when I was kid. Once I got everything togther it was painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and chalk pastels.
Figure - The figure has a resin cast head which I got from STARWARSGEEK and the upper upper torso and biceps are from the TLC young Indy, the lower arms are from the Indy Raiders German soldier, the lower section of the uniform is from the KOTCS Colonel Dovchenko figure.
The hands and boots are from the Raiders Indy and the legs are from a Cobra Commander the one with the clear visor from Rise Of Cobra.
Equipment/ATV - The pick has been made by cutting the ends off the TOD Thuggie Guards swords and supergluing them to a toothpick, the shovel was made using the lower section of the Raiders Sallah figure. The blade was cut off and attached to a toothpick.
The rifle, bino's and walky talky are from Forces of Valor (Bravo Team) WW2 American figure, the pistol is from KOTCS Colonel Dovchenko figure. The net is from a lego dinosaur set and the pith helmet is from a Chap Mei figure which has been cut off and hollowed out.
The snake is from a Cobra Commander figure the Jackal statue is from the indiana jones figures and the sacophagus is from a 28mm Reaper set.
The ATV has a hull from a 1/35 scale sherman tank and the rest of the hull was made using plasticard, the tyres are from some toy tractors and the which was made from 1/35 scale parts and plasticard and it can actually wind and unwind.
Base - The base is made from high denisty foam and a little section was cut out for the tomb, I scribed the walls by using a pencil and the column is from the Disney 7" figure.
I decided to cut out a small section so that it could be removed to simulate the tomb has been dug up. I used a mixture of plaster of paris and fine river sand to simulate the desert.