When Hasbro put out the Star Wars 6" black series figure I had to get myself some of the Sandtroopers to customize and put on dios, I also decided that I would make a few different type of troopers as well.
The first one I decided to build was a Firestorm Trooper, I did a commission 3-3/4" dio a few years ago (dio in my dio section) and there was a Firestorm Trooper on that so between that figure and a few reference pics I got of the net a 6" version was created.
Figure/Equipment - The figure is from the Hasbro 6" Black Series, I used gloves from a Marvel figure and the face mask is a 3-3/4" Cloud car pilot helmet, I used the chest section are from a Hasbro 12" Darth Vader and a section of the 6" Sandtrooper. The tubing from the chest section to the face mask is from a Madelman scuba diver figure and the tubing around the chest are from Star Trek Enterprise EVO suits.
The straps around the chest and next are from some 12" rifles straps, the flamethrower backpack was made using the 6" Sandtrooper one and pulling all the parts off and turning it upside down. The lower tank is a cut in half 1/35 60 gallon drum and the longer thinner tank is a part from a 1/35 scale tank and added some tubing again from the Enterprise EVO suits.
The two large control sections are from the 6" Sandtrooper back pack and they have had the extra plastic removed from the back of them and re-attached. The tubing from the tanks to the flamethrower is some cheap rubber chube, I used a 12" sandtrooper rifle section for the main part of the flamethrowe and added bits and pieces drom the parts box.
The small flames are from a 3-3/4" Mola Ram figure which he has a flaming heart so I cut two sections from that and made it so they can be removed. The blaster comes with the Sandtrooper figure and the holster was made using left over pleather. The Karma was made from a 12" cheap Superman cape and the straps are pieces of elastic and the buckle is from a 1/72 scale tank.
Base - The base is and older dio which was damged so I'm using it to display the figure. The base is from a two doller shop and then had plaster of paris added, while the plaster was setting I placed two branchs which are from my back garden into the plaster and let dry.
Once dry fine sand and kitty litter was added and static grass followed that, when all was dry I painted and weathered the grass and dirt using Vallejo paints and pastels, the bushs are from woodland scenics and the larger bushes are fish tank plants which I got from the local pet shop.