I had been planning to make a custom Magneto portrayed by M.Fassbender since I saw First Class. I had a spare David 8 head, but I was unable to find a good body for it. Then I saw bulavonc666's amazing "Magneto (past in Future Battlesuit)DOFP Concept Custom Action Figure" and realised I could just use the whole David 8 body for it. The process went slow, and MikeMarvel and fitzjedi have already posted their awesome versions by now. So bla bla bla I finally submit my custom =)
I was going for a more classic look (compared to DOFP version), though darker, more realistic, and with a First Class feel to it.
- So I sculpted the FC helmet with greenstuff. I left most of David's armor on the figure, because, in my opinion, it fits the design.
- The armor was painted with a mix of Vallejo royal purple and chainmail silver (so it has metallic flakes) with some black and silver parts. The suit is a mix of red and royal purple. Added a lot of black wash for the wrinkles and edges.
- Scratched the armor in some places to make it a bit weathered.
- The cape is very dark purple (it took forever to find the perfect fabric) and it has wiring on the edges (so it's posable). One side of the cape is much longer than the other, as it was in DOFP, but it is still a long cape. Since the figure's head is easilly removable, I also gave him an interchangable non-wired cape.
- And it has an alternative unhelmeted head, of course.
Overall it's quite an easy custom, but it took a century to do, since I'm working on several projects in the same time. I'm also making this guy a base...a throne worthy of Eric the Red.