Lex Luthor…a bad guy, an occasional good guy, and at one point in his history he became the U.S. President (which can be both a good guy and a bad guy depending on how you see it). In the new DC comics version, Lex Luthor joined the Justice League. But can members of the league put their trust in him?
These suits represent the 3 ways he can gain a superior advantage as either a criminal mastermind, a billionaire corporate leader, or as a brilliant scientist.
1) Tactical Suit:
- This tactical suit with trench coat is inspired by his look as a strategic super villain whenever he allies himself with other villains like the Legion of Doom or Injustice Gang. As a criminal mastermind, he always plans tactics to defeat his enemies. The pistol in his shoulder holster is loaded with Kryptonite tipped bullets while the one at his side is a ray gun that shoots a laser with the properties of a red sun. He has a Kryptonite rock in hand. To him it’s a mineral more precious than gold.
2) Business Suit:
- This is his attire in his corporate office. He’s a well-known billionaire, business tycoon, and head of LexCorp. His corporation has a vast amount of wealth and resources. He’s an industry leader and philanthropist in Metropolis. He has established connections with politicians and the military in order to increase his authority and influence throughout the world. He also wears a ring with a special green gem. When it comes to jewelry, if diamonds are a girl’s best friend, then Kryptonite must be Luthor’s.
3) Power Armor Suit:
- This Power Armor Suit is what he uses to match strength with the likes of Superman and other super powered beings. No matter how gigantic the adversary or how numerous they may be, the suit makes him an unstoppable force. He proudly wears this suit with his very own chest insignia just like other superheroes do. Lex is a brilliant scientist, inventor, and engineer. He has developed high-tech weapons for his indestructible armor like Gattling gun type rotary cannons and a retractable Kryptonite blade. He lives by the sword, and anyone who dares to oppose him may die by it.
Repainted 3 base figures:
- Red Skull
- Professor X (with added Kryptonite ring)
- Hulkbuster Iron Man (with sculpted L symbol, SF Cammy lens/earpiece, Apocalypse fists, Transformers movie Starscream arms for the guns which can rotate and swivel side to side and aim up and down, a Kingdom Come Green Lantern sword for the Kryptonite blade).
All the heads came from 3 figures of the exact same Mattel Lex Luthor. The face on all three suits may be the same but he is definitely a multi-faceted character: Criminal, Leader, and Scientist. I call this "Lex Luthor: Triple Threat".