Announcing the MascotMayhemContest.jpg Custom Contest
Many organizations and products have a special person or entity that serves as a highly recognizable symbol to the rest of the world. The goal of this challenge is to bring one of those mascots to life in customized toy form.
- Mascots can be people, animals, or things. While most participants will likely choose to do a figure of some sort, don't be afraid to pick something that's more abstract or unusual.
- Your mascot can come from ANY media, past or present. Sports teams, political parties, insurance companies, food products, internet sites, etc. (pretty much anything you can think of) are all fair game. In addition to real world examples, fictional mascots are also legal subject matter.
- To the best of your abilities, your custom should resemble the mascot you've chosen. In other words, don't dress up the Michelin Tire Man like Deadpool or turn Captain Crunch into a zombie--make them how they're supposed to look. We all understand that changes/concessions sometimes have to be made in order to make a custom work, but, at the same time, try to stay true to the essence of the character/thing.
- You MAY NOT invent an original mascot, your custom must be based on an existing one.
- You may utilize whatever base bodies, parts, materials, and tools you like to bring your chosen icon to life. Which mascots will outshine all the others and obtain the juicy gold, silver, and bronze endorsement deals (a.k.a., Figure Realm trophies)?