Announcing the Shapeshifters Custom Contest
Skin ripples and stretches, bones painfully grow and elongate, pistons and gears screech as they move steel into new configurations, facial features melt and flow like water--your figure is turning into something new, but what form will it take? The object of this challenge is to create a custom toy of any entity that has the power to change its shape from one form to another.
- You can make the shapeshifting character in their normal “default” shape, mid-transformation, or fully changed into someone, or something, else.
- The character doesn't have to be able to reshape its entire body, just a portion of the anatomy is sufficient. For example, someone that can morph their hands into a variety of weapons, or their face into different likenesses, would be fine.
- If the character you wish to make as an entry can literally turn into anything, and you want to show them disguised as someone else, then the transformed figure has to incorporate some kind of visual clue as to who the shapeshifter is. For example, if you wanted to make the T-1000 in the form of Hulk Hogan, you couldn't just submit a normal looking figure of the famous wrestler, you'd have to paint part of his body silver, give him some liquid metal battle damage, or do something else along those lines, in order to demonstrate that he's really the T-1000. This rule is intended to prevent people from just submitting whatever they want and saying, "It's really [insert shapeshifting character] in disguise!"
- Some examples of the many characters/things that you could potentially make for this contest include: Adam Power, Beast Boy, Billy Batson/Captain Marvel, Clown/Violator, Dr. Arcane and his Un-Men (Kenner Swamp Thing line), Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, GoBots (any), Hulk/Bruce Banner, Metamorpho, M.A.S.K. vehicles, Mr. Fantastic, Mystique, Plastic Man, Shang Tsung, Skrulls, TMNT Mutations (the sub-line of transforming figures, not mutants in general), Transformers (any), Werewolves (and other were creatures), and the Wonder Twins.
- Your custom figure(s) can be any size/scale and you can use whatever parts, materials, tools, and techniques you like.