Announcing the Subterranean Custom Contest
Never again shall your toys feel sunlight on their faces! A terrible calamity has made the surface of the planet uninhabitable and all life has been forced underground. The goal of this challenge is to make a custom figure showing us what you think your favorite character(s) would look and act like if they had to spend their lives deep beneath the earth. Maybe they've mutated to adapt to their new environment or perhaps they're employing special gear to help them survive--it's all up to you and your imagination. This is essentially an "alternate reality" type of thing, so, wow the voters with your creativity!
Here are some examples to get you thinking:
1) Iron Man wearing a special suit of armor designed for tunneling, that's outfitted with interchangeable drills, rock-crushers, etc.
2) Tremor Punch He-Man riding his trusty annelid mount, Battle Worm.
3) A blind Namor The Sub-Mariner, living in an underground lake, who's more fish than man.
4) Magma Mane, a My Little Pony made entirely out of lava, that frolics in the planet's molten core.
5) Poison Ivy utilizing luminescent fungi instead of plants.
6) The Thing with the entire surface of his rocky body covered with sharp stalactites and stalagmites.
- Please don't make characters that normally live underground, like Marvel Comics' Mole Man, The Time Machine's Morlocks, or Dungeons & Dragons' Drow. The core concept here is to adapt a surface dweller to a subterranean setting. However, for story purposes, it's fine to build relationships around "the locals"; for example, it'd be logical to have April O'Neil and Casey Jones permanently relocate down into New York City's sewer system with the TMNT.
- There aren't any size or scale limitations and you should feel free to use whatever base bodies, parts, materials, tools, and techniques you want to customize your underground dwellers.