Other Forums: Action Figure Chatter, Figure Realm Comments and Questions, Identify Help, Off Topic, Trading Post


Posted in Custom Workstation

I've heard stuff about re-casting figure parts, and I have a question: How do you re-cast plastic parts? Like, do you make a negative of the parts and then put like molten plastic into the negatives or something?

Posted by harveytwoface999
on Sunday, March 2, 2008
User Comments
Mikey11935 -
Sunday, March 16, 2008
You make a mold, then you inject the 2 part mixed chemical thru the opening and stick it in a pressure chamber for about an hour. The only thing that heats up are the chemicals from being mixed together. (about 120+)

This is the simple version, there is a lot more to it and takes several months to get the method down.
worldwarhulk -
Monday, March 3, 2008

Tutorial: Mold making and casting methods by Glassman: http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21178
Write a new Comment
New Comment...
                                                                  Pictures & Links


Iron Man on eBay