Vile Volitions Custom Contest
A yearning to pocket that fancy watch on the counter, the craving you get for senseless destruction after watching the latest hack-n-slash flick, the secret urge to push an old lady down a flight of stairs, these are the freedoms villains never deny themselves and take any chance they get. Celebrate their dirty deeds by creating scores of these wretched villainous scum! Let the bad guys and girls run free this month by making any villain you want!
-Them's the rules, simple and clean like a good bank-robbery. Make a villain, any villain.
-You can also make heroes if they were villains at one time, but you have to make them in the suit they wore while they were being evil. You can make Rogue in her black/green suit when she worked with Mystique or Superman in his Justice Lord uniform. As always, just make sure you point-out in your description exactly why you're submitting your particular custom.
-Yes, there are prizes this month for First and Second place winners, Third if I find enough stuff to give away! To discourage cheating, I'm not revealing the prizes, they will be Mystery Boxes! First place winner will choose a box, then Second place chooses a box, then Third gets the last one. You don't know what's in the box, it could be anything or nothing at all! It could be a MOC figure or a sock or a piece of candy or a spider...man, a Spider-MAN, yeah, that's what I meant...good luck...votes will be monitored as always, anyone voting suspiciously will be disqualified, don't give yourself a 5 and everyone else a big fat ZERO, you will be destroyed without impunity. Have fun!
...and I'm not kidding about the sock. ;)
For details on how the prizes will be awarded, head on over to this topic on the boards: http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13320
Please remember to follow the Contest Rules
and to Vote Fairly
What are the rules of the contest?
- Please use the form here to submit your custom figure.
- At least a paragraph description is required with your entry. This paragraph, at a minimum, should answer the following questions:
- How was this custom customized?
- How does the custom fit into the contest theme?
- You may submit up to three different entries for the contest.
- Please only submit figures that were created for this contest. Do not submit old figures from the Showcase or previous contest entries.
- Your entry should not be posted on this website, any other website, or anywhere on the internet until the contest is completely over.
- The pictures for your entry will remain hidden until the contest ends and the voting begins.
- Your identity will remain hidden until after the voting completes.
- Do not include names, logos, signatures or anything on the pictures that will give you away as the creator of the custom. We want to keep the customizer's identity a secret until the contest is over.
- Don't wait until the last day to submit your entries. If your internet is down, or something happens beyond your control, you will miss the contest! Also keep in mind how many customs you can submit in one day. You may not be able to submit all your entries in one day.
- The contest is purely for fun... well... and bragging rights!
How does the contest voting work?
Anyone can vote for their favorite customs in the contest, you don't even have to submit anything to the contest! You do have to be logged-in to your Figure Realm account though so we can keep track of the votes. Only appointed Figure Realm staff can see the votes, so anonymity is guaranteed. Voting begins once the entry deadline is met and lasts for a week.
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your dog for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.
What is the contest schedule?
|Begins: ||Contest Closed|
|Ends: ||August 31st, 2008 - Last day for submissions. No exceptions! Cut off is at midnight Central Standard Time.|
|Voting: ||September 1st - 7th.|
Example Pictures for Ideas View Contest Entries