Sinestro Corps Custom Contest
A month dedicated to costumes, fear, and candy-induced stomach aches wouldn't be much without the army of Fear itself, the Sinestro Corps! Give praise and worship to the Golden Army by making a custom of a Sin Corps member and maybe, just maybe
, they won't peel the flesh from your bones when they drop by your sector. The terror they inspire fuels our imaginations to create great and terrible creatures to terrorize our own dreams and nightmares, and according to every Sinestro Corps member I've asked, we absolutely love to be scared, so thank you, Sinestro and your gang of malformed degenerates, thank you for scaring the crap out of everyone in the universe.
-That's it, make a SinCorps member and it's in! You can make a pre-existing character or better yet, create your own! Put to use all that random monster-fodder you have lying around and build your Corps!
-The prize for First Place is a Custom Sinestro Corps Figure by Dr Nightmare!
Please remember to follow the Contest Rules
and to Vote Fairly
What are the rules of the contest?
- Please use the form here to submit your custom figure.
- At least a paragraph description is required with your entry. This paragraph, at a minimum, should answer the following questions:
- How was this custom customized?
- How does the custom fit into the contest theme?
- You may submit up to three different entries for the contest.
- Please only submit figures that were created for this contest. Do not submit old figures from the Showcase or previous contest entries.
- Your entry should not be posted on this website, any other website, or anywhere on the internet until the contest is completely over.
- The pictures for your entry will remain hidden until the contest ends and the voting begins.
- Your identity will remain hidden until after the voting completes.
- Do not include names, logos, signatures or anything on the pictures that will give you away as the creator of the custom. We want to keep the customizer's identity a secret until the contest is over.
- Don't wait until the last day to submit your entries. If your internet is down, or something happens beyond your control, you will miss the contest! Also keep in mind how many customs you can submit in one day. You may not be able to submit all your entries in one day.
- The contest is purely for fun... well... and bragging rights!
How does the contest voting work?
Anyone can vote for their favorite customs in the contest, you don't even have to submit anything to the contest! You do have to be logged-in to your Figure Realm account though so we can keep track of the votes. Only appointed Figure Realm staff can see the votes, so anonymity is guaranteed. Voting begins once the entry deadline is met and lasts for a week.
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your dog for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.
What is the contest schedule?
View Contest Entries
|Begins: ||Contest Closed|
|Ends: ||October 31st, 2008 - Last day for submissions. No exceptions! Cut off is at midnight Central Standard Time.|
|Voting: ||November 1st - 7th.|