Contest Winners: View Contest Entries
You've been wanting to make a great display for your figures and now's the time to do it! This month you can break-out those old shoe-boxes and make whatever crazy scenery you want! Every figure needs their own space, they all need a place to stretch-out and relax. Maybe make an office for The Question, a gallery for your Iron Man or armory for Punisher, a locker-room where your heroes can go shower after a hard day. It's up to you, just make it look cool!Prizes:
1st Place wins a Nick Fury, Agent of Shield Replica Needle Gun! ($150 Value)
2nd Place wins a Free Custom Repaint by Dr Nightmare! ($10,000 Value!)
3rd place wins a Mystery Box! (It has a Value!)
Winners can at any time choose to pass on their prize and receive a Mystery Box instead! (3rd Place just automatically wins one) Note, the gun comes with a display stand and certificate of authenticity.It does not come with the SHIELD badge, I'm keeping that, because I'm grinchy like that.Nightmare's Notes
-Please submit only new dioramas created specifically for this contest, not old ones. The size of the dioramas should be large enough to fit the figure comfortably, use your discretion. There is no required scale, you can make it for small GI Joes if you want.
-Get creative, there are lots of things around the house you can use to make stuff. You can make mini-posters and magazines by printing them out, you can even make wallpaper or print-out mountains, then glue that to some cardboard and you have an instant backdrop! Lots of neat things to make.
-You can go buy pre-made furniture/props at the toy or craft store, no problem, but remember that your diorama has to be mostly "home-made". You can buy pre-made wallpaper and props, but you can't go out and buy a Barbie Dreamhouse and submit it.
-One more thing, you must include at least one custom in your pictures when submitting your entry! But you don't have to make an entirely new custom, you can use a custom you've made before. The diorama should give you enough to worry about! Good Luck.
What is the contest schedule?
|Begins: ||Contest Closed|
|Ends: ||February 28th, 2009 - Last day for submissions. No exceptions! Cut off is at midnight Central Standard Time.|
|Voting: ||March 1st - 7th.|
What are the rules of the contest?
- Please use the form here to submit your custom figure.
- At least a paragraph description is required with your entry. This paragraph, at a minimum, should answer the following questions:
- How was this custom customized?
- How does the custom fit into the contest theme?
- You may submit up to three different entries for the contest.
- Please only submit figures that were created for this contest. Do not submit old figures from the Showcase or previous contest entries.
- Your entry should not be posted on this website, any other website, or anywhere on the internet until the contest is completely over.
- The pictures for your entry will remain hidden until the contest ends and the voting begins.
- Your identity will remain hidden until after the voting completes.
- Do not include names, logos, signatures or anything on the pictures that will give you away as the creator of the custom. We want to keep the customizer's identity a secret until the contest is over.
- Don't wait until the last day to submit your entries. If your internet is down, or something happens beyond your control, you will miss the contest! Also keep in mind how many customs you can submit in one day. You may not be able to submit all your entries in one day.
- The contest is purely for fun... well... and bragging rights!
How does the contest voting work?
Anyone can vote for their favorite customs in the contest, you don't even have to submit anything to the contest! You do have to be logged-in to your Figure Realm account though so we can keep track of the votes. Only appointed Figure Realm staff can see the votes, so anonymity is guaranteed. Voting begins once the entry deadline is met and lasts for a week.
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your girlfriend for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.