Rockem' Sockem' Robots!
View Contest Entries
With the release of Terminator and the upcoming release of Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen this months contest revolves around everyone's favorite scrap heaps ROBOTS!
Realmers get your pistons in line, make sure you have an oil change and a full alignment. Here are the rules:
1) Custom must be of a robot or cyborg, vehicles are not allowed unless they themselves are a robot. (ie War Machine no Bionic Commando or Cyborg from Teen Titans YES!)
2) ABSOLUTELY NO IRON MAN! Iron Man is not a robot, but a guy in a robotic suit. Various Iron Man villains and allies such as Ultimo and The Vision are 100% acceptable however.
3) NO Basic Transformers Repaints. Painting a movie figure with some silver and gold will not be accepted. Give him a whole new color, add some parts give him new hands, even give him (or her)some attached weapons.
4) Be creative and get those inventive ideas flowing! Your bot doesn't have to be from anything go crazy and be original, you know you have robotic parts in your fodder bins so put them to good use!
5) Photos with your emblem / signature will not be accepted. Please remove these as we want to keep all contests neutral an unbiased to give everyone a fair chance!
First Place Winner will receive an exclusive custom piece from me!
Thanks guys and good luck to everyone,
What is the contest schedule?
|Begins: ||Contest Closed|
|Ends: ||June 30th, 2009 - Last day for submissions. No exceptions! Cut off is at midnight Central Standard Time.|
|Voting: ||July 1st - 7th.|
What are the rules of the contest?
- Please use the form here to submit your custom figure.
- At least a paragraph description is required with your entry. This paragraph, at a minimum, should answer the following questions:
- How was this custom customized?
- How does the custom fit into the contest theme?
- You may submit up to three different entries for the contest.
- Please only submit figures that were created for this contest. Do not submit old figures from the Showcase or previous contest entries.
- Your entry should not be posted on this website, any other website, or anywhere on the internet until the contest is completely over.
- The pictures for your entry will remain hidden until the contest ends and the voting begins.
- Your identity will remain hidden until after the voting completes.
- Do not include names, logos, signatures or anything on the pictures that will give you away as the creator of the custom. We want to keep the customizer's identity a secret until the contest is over.
- Don't wait until the last day to submit your entries. If your internet is down, or something happens beyond your control, you will miss the contest! Also keep in mind how many customs you can submit in one day. You may not be able to submit all your entries in one day.
- The contest is purely for fun... well... and bragging rights!
How does the contest voting work?
Anyone can vote for their favorite customs in the contest, you don't even have to submit anything to the contest! You do have to be logged-in to your Figure Realm account though so we can keep track of the votes. Only appointed Figure Realm staff can see the votes, so anonymity is guaranteed. Voting begins once the entry deadline is met and lasts for a week.
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your girlfriend for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.