You've Been Slimed
View Contest Entries
Who doesn't remember the glory days of Masters of The Universe Evil Horde Slime, The Real Ghostbusters Ecto-plazm, TMNT Retromutagen Ooze, or Toxic Crusaders Glow-In-The-Dark Toxic Waste? The object of this challenge is to make a custom so gooey, sticky, and nasty that people will be afraid to touch it. You're not limited to conventional slime/ooze, you could (figuratively) employ oil, grease, blood, gastric juices, mucus, saliva, honey, syrup, tar, mud, molten wax, or any other semi-solid, viscous fluid that your twisted imagination can come up with (keep it PG-13 rated though).
There are three approaches you can choose from for your submission(s):
1. Make a slimed character. This is probably the quickest route--just douse or paint your favorite figure with some type of nasty sludge and you're done--what could be easier? Some examples of this include ectoplasm-smeared Ghostbusters, Stephen King's Carrie covered in pig's blood, some M.U.S.C.L.E. dudes engaged in a mud wrestling match, or a Gamorrean Guard so filthy that even a Sarlaac couldn't stomach the taste and vomited him back up. Don't forget to include an amusing back-story as to just how your victim came to be in his or her muck-saturated condition.
2. Create a monstrous character whose body is composed entirely, or almost entirely, out of some type of ooze or goop. The horror movie icon The Blob, DC Comics Clayface, Dungeons & Dragons Gelatinous Cubes (not to mention multitudes of other slime creatures found in just about every RPG ever made), and The Nightmare Before Chistmas Melting Guy are just a few of the possible choices for this option.
3. Customize a device/trap/creature for sliming other characters. Some of the most memorable examples of this are the Masters of The Universe Slime Pit, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Flush-o-matic, and the Ghostbusters.Gooper Ghosts (Squisher, Banshee Bomber, and Sludge Bucket). Don't forget to include a photo of your dastardly defiler doing what it does best--coating a helpless figure with crud!
Your custom can be any size/scale and you can use whatever parts/materials you like. You're also free to create your own original dribbling mess if you don't want to reproduce something from existing media.
What is the contest schedule?
|Begins: ||Contest Closed|
|Ends: ||February 28th, 2011 - Last day for submissions. No exceptions! Cut off is at midnight Central Standard Time.|
|Voting: ||March 1st - 7th.|
What are the rules of the contest?
- Please use the form here to submit your custom figure.
- At least a paragraph description is required with your entry. This paragraph, at a minimum, should answer the following questions:
- How was this custom customized?
- How does the custom fit into the contest theme?
- You may submit up to three different entries for the contest.
- Please only submit figures that were created for this contest. Do not submit old figures from the Showcase or previous contest entries.
- Your entry should not be posted on this website, any other website, or anywhere on the internet until the contest is completely over.
- The pictures for your entry will remain hidden until the contest ends and the voting begins.
- Your identity will remain hidden until after the voting completes.
- Do not include names, logos, signatures or anything on the pictures that will give you away as the creator of the custom. We want to keep the customizer's identity a secret until the contest is over.
- Don't wait until the last day to submit your entries. If your internet is down, or something happens beyond your control, you will miss the contest! Also keep in mind how many customs you can submit in one day. You may not be able to submit all your entries in one day.
- The contest is purely for fun... well... and bragging rights!
How does the contest voting work?
Anyone can vote for their favorite customs in the contest, you don't even have to submit anything to the contest! You do have to be logged-in to your Figure Realm account though so we can keep track of the votes. Only appointed Figure Realm staff can see the votes, so anonymity is guaranteed. Voting begins once the entry deadline is met and lasts for a week.
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your girlfriend for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.