Contest Winners: View Contest Entries
Some jobs are just too big for a single action figure to handle all by itself, and this contest is one of them! The name of the game is "Group Dynamics", and the objective is for you to pit a customized team of figures against similar factions created by your fellow customizers. Whether it be a band of super heroes/villains, a military unit, or just a gang of street thugs, the lines have been drawn, and when the dust settles, only three parties will survive to claim the bronze, silver, and gold awards.
- There are no dimensional barriers: you can mix-and-match characters from any source material, including original creations, when assembling your dream team. The lineup of your group can be serious, silly, or anything in between. If you think Marvel Comics' Namor The Sub-Mariner, Universal's Creature From The Black Lagoon, and Disney's Ariel The Little Mermaid should join forces to combat the pollution of the world's oceans, then so be it. Whatever combination you come up with, be sure to tell us all about how they got together and what they hope to accomplish with their partnership in your entry description.
- At a bare minimum, every single entry for this team contest MUST consist of at least two separate customized figures (which is perfect for pairs like Batman & Robin, Cloak & Dagger, Sam & Twitch, etc.) On the other side of the coin, there is no upwards limit to the size of your group--if you wish to produce a dozen X-Men for a single submission, and have the parts and time to do so, then go ahead. Your team can also consist of duplicates of a single character (say, for example, you wanted to make a squad of identical Star Wars Clone/Storm Troopers, G.I.JOE Cobra Vipers, or TMNT Foot Soldiers.)
There are no size/scale limitations (although it's probably a good idea for your team members to be in scale with one another) and you can make use of whatever parts/materials/tools you like when putting together your crew.
What is the contest schedule?
|Begins: ||Contest Closed|
|Ends: ||October 31st, 2011 - Last day for submissions. No exceptions! Cut off is at midnight Central Standard Time.|
|Voting: ||November 1st - 7th.|
What are the rules of the contest?
- Please use the form here to submit your custom figure.
- At least a paragraph description is required with your entry. This paragraph, at a minimum, should answer the following questions:
- How was this custom customized?
- How does the custom fit into the contest theme?
- You may submit up to three different entries for the contest.
- Please only submit figures that were created for this contest. Do not submit old figures from the Showcase or previous contest entries.
- Your entry should not be posted on this website, any other website, or anywhere on the internet until the contest is completely over.
- The pictures for your entry will remain hidden until the contest ends and the voting begins.
- Your identity will remain hidden until after the voting completes.
- Do not include names, logos, signatures or anything on the pictures that will give you away as the creator of the custom. We want to keep the customizer's identity a secret until the contest is over.
- Don't wait until the last day to submit your entries. If your internet is down, or something happens beyond your control, you will miss the contest! Also keep in mind how many customs you can submit in one day. You may not be able to submit all your entries in one day.
- The contest is purely for fun... well... and bragging rights!
How does the contest voting work?
Anyone can vote for their favorite customs in the contest, you don't even have to submit anything to the contest! You do have to be logged-in to your Figure Realm account though so we can keep track of the votes. Only appointed Figure Realm staff can see the votes, so anonymity is guaranteed. Voting begins once the entry deadline is met and lasts for a week.
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your girlfriend for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.