Inspired by the headless-Endo-biker Terminator in TSCC and art from Darkhorse TERMINATOR comics in the 1990s, I created this endoskeleton using the following:
- ML Ghost Rider
- Endo Thigh (resculpted/dremmeled/rearticulated from a McFarlane T3 boxset battle damaged Arnie)
- Endo Right Arm (rearticulated from a Playmates T4 T-RIP Endo)
- Collarbone Endo decoration (from a T4 T-Rip Endo)
- Length of twisty cable (from a packaged action figure - used for skull to neck cables)
- Various lengths of paperclip, installed in battle damage sections to simulate exposed endoskeleton
- Flexible rubber 'battle damaged' trim (from T3 Box set Arnie's jacket)
- x3 Neonium Magnets (installed in hands and one on the back underneath sculpt & jacket)
- Punishers gun barrel (cut and dremmeled for eyes)
- NASCAR helmet and visor (recast/resculpted visor)*
- ML Ghost Rider Bike (flames removed, resculpted headlight, repainted with battledamage/rust effect)
- LCBH Judge Death Belt pouches
- Buckle from NECA HEROES Peter P.'s side-bag
- Ammo clip length (from ML Tom Jane Punisher trenchcoat)
- x2 Shotgun shells (repainted/clipped from a MM Batman belt)
- Gun with laser sight (NECA RE Leon)
-Aves Sculpt (resculpted head and chest from scratch using a 1:1 scale endo skull as reference)
-Aves Sculpt (right arm and right leg blending/shaping, and back Endo polygon)
-Lots of Gel-type Superglue
-Vallejo paints, Citadel Washes, and Glossy and Matte Varnishes.
:: The Process:
I removed the coat, and drilled battle damage holes in it, and recut/arranged the left lapel. I wanted to show off the endoskeleton's barely hidden sculpt.
I finished all sculpting, and base coated the whole figure in black. The endo sections were drybrushed gunmetal, then silver. The biker leather clothing was drybrushed grey, reddish brown (dried blood effect), splattered with a mix of sepia and red Citadel ink on the hands, knees, and boots, and drybrushed again with grey to blend/highlight.
I painted the eyes black, and the center with 3 applications of Citadel red ink and Vallejo acyrlic red. I wanted the eyes to stand out the way the Terminator's iris-close ups from Cameron's first Terminator film did.
* I'll be posting a new image with the Endo wearing it's battle damaged biker helmet/visor after the contest. The silver paint needs time to dry before I subject it to my lightbox for photography. :)
I'm really happy with how this figure turned out, making it my favorite Terminator custom so far. While I made it, it reminded of me an Endoskeleton T-800 that would stalk the post-Judgment day wastelands of Australia. It's entirely possible all that battle damage came from a run in with Mad Max. ;)
|T-1000||Terminator Series||Terminator Salvation T-600|
|Fallen Angel Vs. Archangel Michael (Mid-Air Battle Scene)||Created by blaynescott||Edward Scissorhands (Super-articulated)|