I wanted to enlarge my Batman villain collection but neither DCD nor Mattel have ever come out with a 6-7" Firefly. In addition, i never cared much for the comic style for this guy so I decided to make one of my own. I used:
- War Machine (upper body)
- Marvel Selects Black costume Spider-Man (legs)
- fodder (head)
- DCD Golden Age Sandman (mask)
- Iron Man Divebomb Mission: wings
- removed the legs and replaced them with the Spider-Man legs so that the figure would not look 100% robotic
- I repainted parts of the upper body black, grey and yellow (for the abdomen--I got that idea from The Batman animated series version of the character.
- took the "nose" off the sandman gas mask and painted it grey with red for the eyes
- attached the head from fodder onto the body and the mask onto the head
- I removed the holster from the wings of the Iron Man Divebomb figure as these were too small to fit over my figure; painted the tips yellow to echo the abdomen and super-glued the apparatus onto the figure's back
- the hoses come from the War Machine figure. I glued them onto his gauntlets and the other ends to the wings.
November 27, 2012: i decided to update my Firefly by painting some more yellow and grey highlights so that he wouldn't be so flat as well as replacing the head. I simply used a DCUC Vigilante head painted all black but for the visor. Oh and the shoulder guards come from a Dark Knight Batman I like the figure better now!
February 22, 2013: Used the head that came with the black suit Spidey to give him a more insectoid look. It's closer to the colors of the Batman cartoon Firefly. I like how it turned out
Let me know what you think!
|SHIELD Agent Clay Quartermain||Submission Order||Big Time Spider-Man|
|Tweedledee & Tweedledum||Batman Series||Batcomputer|
|Tweedledee & Tweedledum||Created by latinlad||Bane|