So what's a Batman display without a Batcomputer? I've been working on this on and off (mainly off) for years and once I redesigned my mancave thought it was time to bring it out again and finish it up.
- the base is the bridge from the Star Trek Enterprise based off the Enterprise tv series. Instead of connecting the pieces outright I fiddled around with it to give the console some height.
- the computer monitor is a digital frame I found on sale for $20. Set it to slideshow and you've got a slew of Batman-related images to enjoy
- the back brick wall is made up of foam red bricks I picked up at a craft store
- the desk to the right came from a Space Ghost figure. I painted it metallic grey and bronze to match the rest of the console. The tea set I got on eBay, the laptop is fodder, and the newspaper is from a Perry White figure. Everything else is sculpted
- the Joker card was printed on 8 x 11 label paper, pasted on illustration board and hung with little chains I found in my fodder from the shelf above
A word about the photos:
Photo 1: Establishing shot; Lucius Fox meets Alfred in the Batcave
Photo 2: I have this idea that Bruce was having one of his few relaxing evenings in the cave. As a man of discerning taste he was watching episodes of Doctor Who he had Tivo-ed
Photo 3: Bruce had just sat down to enjoy some tea and a meal that Alfred had brought down. No sooner than he takes one bite of out his sandwich than an Emergency Alert notifies him about a breakout at Arkham AND Blackgate. in his rush to get up and notify the rest of the Batman Family he knocks over his tea.
I hope I can keep adding on to this with bits and pieces as time goes by but for now I'm glad it's reached some state of completion.
|Gormin Soldier||Submission Order||Dormammu|
|Nightwing New 52||Batman Series||The Batman|
|Gotham City Police Officer||Created by latinlad||Red Robin V3|