Finally! I have an 'upgrade' to replace an old post...
This guy was a mess when I first got him...he was all scratched up down to the plastic with super loose hip joints. But I got him at such a great deal I couldn't pass up on the challenge!
I corrected the loose joints by taking one of my wife's tiny black hairbands, and wrapping it around the 'neck' of the ball joints where they meet the hips. I double looped then tied each one off as close as possible, cut the loose ends and hid them under the hips. It worked great! Not only are they invisible but now the joints will never go loose again and have the perfect amount of grab to hold any pose.
Next, I went to work on the paints. This was my first real try at dry brushing. I didn't have the correct brush type when I tried it before. I almost gave up at the beginning, but I kept focusing on what I wanted the end result to look like. The abdominal area was especially difficult to dry brush since it was badly worn and the webs were smoothed down so the webs don't look defined.
Base coated the whole figure black, then tons of dry brush reds. For the blues, after the black base coat, I went with a dark blue dry brush then lighter blue to highlight some high spots.
Overall, I am happy with how this one turned out...thanks for looking!
|Fred the Mutant||Submission Order||Cyclops Jim Lee Style V.3|
|Taskmaster||Created by infamous22||Spider-Man - Spidey Sense Neck Mod|