A first for the Figure Realm and maybe a first ever! Straight from the pages of Batwoman it's La Llorona. La Llorona (the Weeping Woman) is an age-old Mexican legend of a woman who, jilted by her husband/lover, drowns her kids and is fated to wander the land wailing for her dead children. First appearing in Batwoman#1 she abducts children from her parents and is used by Medusa to raise the Mother of Monsters.
La Llorona is a LOTR Enchanted Galadriel I picked up on eBay. The moment I saw her I knew I could adopt her for this character.
- the first challenge was how to make Galdriel's breastplate into a white gown. I didn't want to just paint over it and putting Sculpy all over it would have just weighed down the figure and looked sloppy. So I decided to wrap her in plumber's tape and paint over that. I felt it would give her gown a textured, cloth-like quality. As a side effect it also made the gown look like mummy wrappings. Pretty good for a ghost woman!
- I used washes of white and various shades of grey on her skin. throughout the book her skin tone changes from white to grey to blue to reflect her moods and her morphing in and out of substance as well as her identification with water. I tried to make the aqua blue show under the whites and greys. It actually looks better than in the pic.
- I also used washes of white on the translucent parts of the gown so that it looks like parts of her are turning from water into ectoplasm (?)
- I added details to her face like the eyebrows and tears. The shape of the head is a bit thinner than the rounded one she has in the book. After the pic was taken I added some shadow to her jaw to try and round her out a bit and not look so much like Sarah Jessica Parker.
- The extra hair was scuplted and painted
Added below are the original Galadriel figure and a source pic. Let me know what you think!
|Batwoman (Kate Kane||Submission Order||Ninja Claw|
|Batwoman (Kate Kane||Batman Series||Batman Rooftop Gargoyle|
|Batwoman 2.0||Created by latinlad||Hawkman|