Action Figure Chatter
Figure Realm Comments and Questions
I need to resculpt the neck on a marvel legends taskmaster to accommodate an ml series 6 Deadpool head, any tips? Email me @ mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
on Saturday, June 29, 2013
Write a new Comment
Saturday, July 13, 2013
Not sure what kind of joint that fig has (disc/peg?) but I've done this plenty of times. Bear with this if it's overkill, trying to tailor responses as "how to" material.
Conical Dremel grinder bit
Conical Dremel sander bit
Garment Steamer or Tea Kettle
Sculpting compound or clay
Revoltech joint or fodder peg
***DISCLAIMER--IF NOT DONE CAREFULLY IT IS POSSIBLE TO BURN ONESELF SEVERELY WHEN WORKING WITH BOILING WATER***
Kids, have your parent or guardian supervise and always remember--safety first!
1. Remove the head from the peg via "heat and pop" method with steam from garment steamer or kettle.
2. Remove the disc itself also using heat and pop. If you break the neck housing at all, try to make a clean break so you can just glue it back on once you have the disc out.
3. Starting on the slow setting, Dremel out the neck housing from the very top of the neck (as if you were looking from on top of the head) using your conical grinder bit. Adjust speed as you bore into the housing.
4. Switch to the sander bit and insert the dremel bit about 2/3 of the way into the neck housing. Dremel evenly on high speed.
5. By now you should have a nice hole in which to insert your previously mixed Apoxie, Green Stuff, Sculpy or whatever. Fill in the neck hole generously, removing any excess.
6. Follow Automatauntaun's guides on seating joints into uncured sculpt--if you have a regular peg, position as desired and just leave it in the housing while the compound dries. You will not be removing it with this type of fixture. If you have a Revoltech, insert it until snug and then carefully, slowly remove.
7. Let compound cure or boil water and immerse the upper torso of the figure into the pot to harden clay.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 as/if needed with the head you want to use. If using a Revoltech joint, it may be necessary after this to drill deeper into the head using a 1/16" drill bit for best joint fit.
9. You should now have a super poseable head/neck joint with capacity for swappable heads! Sand and paint your modified necks as needed. You can use this procedure to create a variety of combinations for heads and bodies that aren't compatible by design!
Write a new Comment
Pictures & Links
To post a link or picture, simply copy the the full URL into your post, and it will automatically get converted (after submitting).
Make sure URL has a space on both sides of it, or is on its own line.
Do not use HTML or BBCode tags.
To find a picture's URL on a website, in most browsers, you can right-click the image and select "Copy image URL".
From Imgur, copy the link from the url when you are viewing it, or click their Copy button if you are uploading a new image.
Posting links or pictures is only allowed in certain areas of Figure Realm.
Please state why this comment is being reported.
Transformers on eBay
Site Contents, Images & Design Copyright ©2002-2021 Figure Realm, LLC